Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Casual Wednesday

For any of you who know Austin, you are aware of his love for comfort. When I say comfort, I mean that he loves to wear clothes that don't "restrict" him. His favorite outfits consist of basketball shorts, a loose t-shirt, flip flops, and a hat. And he does not care whether I dress like this or not...

For any of you who know me, you are aware of my love for dressing-up. When I say dressing-up, I mean that I love to wear clothes that don't look like I just got out of bed. My favorite outfits consist of jeans, stylish shirts, girlie shoes, and no hat. And I kind of care whether he dresses like this or not...

As you can see, there is definitely a conflict of interest here. I know it is bad, but I win most of the time.

Lately, I have been making Austin look more... presentable. However, I do allow him his 'casual Fridays' each week.

So you would imagine my surprise when Austin started putting on basketball shorts this morning.

Me: "What are you doing?! It's Wednesday!!!"
Austin: "I know! It's casual Wednesday."
Me: "What?? What do you mean? I have never heard of that before..."
Austin: "I always do casual Wednesday. Today is my big class-load and I like to be comfortable."
Me: "Oh Babyyyyyyyy please noooooooooo" [in my little girl voice].
Austin: "Oh, it's alright Sweetie. Everything will be OK."
Me: "I guess so... But you owe me."
Austin: "What?? I am not sure I want to hear this..."
Me: "You owe me a trip to Sweet Tomatoes!"
Austin: [Laughs...]

I wonder how many times I will be able to eat at my favorite restaurant...

[Disclaimer: Austin does not mind dressing-up for his loving wife. He loves me that much!]

No comments: