Friday, December 10, 2010

Troubled

Ever since I can remember, I have colored my hair. With the exception of one time, I have always gotten highlights. I have tried going dark brown once, but I soon realized that it was just not me. During my pregnancy, I did not touch the color in my hair until a week before I delivered. I got lowlights/highlights and I am very sad to say that my hair did not turn out the way that I wanted it to.

So, this leaves me troubled. I want to go back blonde, but it is just so expensive to get a color done these days [especially when your hair grows as fast as mine and you have to get your roots touched-up about once a month]. I have thought about doing it on my own... but have quickly pushed that idea out of my mind. I just know that I would turn my hair orange.

This leaves me with one question. Does anyone know of a good, but cheap, stylist? I am looking for anyone; whether they are at a salon or work out of their home. Comments below would be much appreciated. :] Thank you so much!

7 comments:

rahhlady said...

I don't know of a stylist persay, but I go to the beauty school and I have NEVER had a bad experience and they are reallllly cheap. It's on country club between guadalupe and elliot on Chilton. Take Country club down past Guadalupe and turn right on Chilton and it's right there on the left side. It's called the International Academy of Hair Design and they take walk ins. i would go around noon if you want a color. They are closed Sundays and Mondays. I LOVE it there, they even did my hair for my wedding and it only cost me $15. The students have instructors watching them, so messing up isn't really an option! I am actually headed there next week for a haircut and eyebrow wax, considering they only charge $5 for the wax and $7.50 for the haircut and they wash, blow dry, and style it for you :)

The Hunters said...

Excuse me ma'am but I happen to have a license to do hair and I LOVE to do it...and it just so happens that I will be in the lovely state of AZ in a few weeks and very willing to do your hair. It doesn't completely solve the fast growing hair problem...but I am very cheap and I have the best color ever for blonde! It works amazing(and doesn't fry your hair)I've been dying to do someone's hair super blonde :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sarah! I will definitely look into that!

And Kirsten, I thought of you and I am just sooooo saddened by the fact that you live in a different state than I do. :( Maybe you can be my permanent stylist when you move to AZ!!!!!!!!! ;) But as for in a few weeks, there is no one I would rather have do my hair than you! You did a wonderful job last time!

Ashlee G. said...

I know 3 people. All doing work from their homes. And they're awesome. Text me if you want their info.

K said...

rhonda blotkamp. she does good cheap color, according to my mom.

Rebecca said...

I'm too cheap to go to a salon, but I loved going to the beauty school while I lived in Idaho (there was one right down the street).

You might try a salon (or school) for the first time when you're "going back" to blonde, and then be able to keep it up on your own without turning it orange.

I found the hardest part is always the initial color change. Once you've got it, it's a lot harder to mess up on your own at home. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone for your help! I will have to try all of these and see what works best!