Monday, January 24, 2011

Journal

I think a lot about this blog.
I also think a lot about other blogs... especially after this article.
Then I think about why I even have a blog.
My reason is for 'journal purposes.'
Then I think that I should really journal in my blog more.
Like really keep track of details.
So, this is what I am going to do.
Starting today.
I will use this blog as I would any other journal.
With more words.
Alright? Alright.

.....................

Today, I am turning in my Dental Hygiene application. It is all ready to go. I look back at the requirements now and really feel that I did my best and worked hard. The list consisted of: classes [check], letter of recommendation [check], fingerprint clearance card [check], observation hours [check], transcripts [check], background check [check], meetings with my counselor [check]. Phew! So, as soon as I have my last meeting with the counselor today, it will then be time to just wait. I will definitely keep you posted on that.

Also, Austin is now back in school as a full-time student. His class load this semester is pretty big , but he is determined to really excel. Last semester he came out with a GPA of 4.07 and plans on doing even better this time around. All we can hope for is a decent scholarship next year... :] Oh, and I am pretty proud of myself for keeping my resolution of making Austin lunch to bring to school everyday. I have not missed a day yet this semester.

As for Ryker, he is just taking life one day at a time. He was almost on a set schedule until we had to go and switch his milk again. The taste is different than the last milk, so he is eating less, but more often. Our plan is to get him back on a strict schedule in the next few weeks. We look forward to eventually getting to the 6:00, 10:00, 2:00 routine, and have high hopes that it will happen. The one thing that did not changed when introducing new formula, are his nights. Thankfully, he has learned that: dark outside = bedtime. He goes down at about 7:00pm or 8:00pm, will have a feeding at 11:00pm or 12:00am, and then have his next feeding at about 6:00am or 7:00am. Make sense? All I can say is, we are grateful for the sleep.

Well, I guess this turned into more of a summary of our lives right now... That's okay.
Good way to start. :]

Oh, and these pictures are from this morning when Mommy was playing with Ryker. 
Love journaling with pictures!


 




Have a great day!